Sunday, July 22, 2007

Just how powerful is your voice?




Recently I did a presentation in San Diego for over 2000 professional speakers. When the program was over, people were flocking to me, asking if they though they could use the vocal toning process to improve their "Charisma Quotient." When you practice vocal toning, you go to a whole new level of control and awareness of the multitude of subtleties possible within your voice. As a music lover you are acutely aware of speaking voices that soothe you, grab your attention, or annoy you instantly. Physicians are usually tuned into to the patients tone of voice, the vocal volume level and the speed at which they describe their illness. As a therapist as well as a musician, I gather loads of information about a new client at their first session, simply from what their voice tells me in addition to the words they use. The voice is powerful, totally independent of the singing voice. Consider working on your voice by doing some simple toning for 5 minutes, a couple of times a day. You can order my toning CD or you can set up an appointment to learn more about this, either by phone or at my office! Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your posts!