Sunday, July 09, 2006

Toning for different purposes

Toning is simply the process of putting sound to the exhaled breath. It can be done effectively in standing, sitting, or lying down positions. When I teach toning, I simply use the five vowel sounds (one at a time!) and I suggest a sitting position. One takes a deep breath and then slowly releases it on "aaahhhhhhhh" I've been toning for nearly 15 years so I can make my exhale last for about 30-40 seconds. don't be discourgaed if you can only do 5 or 10 seconds. Like any physical skill, it takes training.

There are many reasons to tone but the simplist reason is just to relax and give your body an inner massage. I recommend toning for only 5 minutes at a time in the beginning. It can be increased eventually to 10 or 15 minutes, but just remember that it should never hurt.

I'll continue this tomorrow.

Check out HERE
to hear a sample or to purchase a tape, CD, or download about toning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your posts!