Monday, April 28, 2008

Toning, Chanting and Drumming with Holistic Nurses

Last week I spoke to the the KY Holistic Nurses Association and taught them about te many benefits of toning, chantingand drumming with patients. Several of the nurses were already experienced in toning, chanting and drumming many interesting questions were asked about music and sound with death and dying. I told them about the "Chalice of Repose Project" at St. Patrick's Hospital in Missoula, Montana and how many hospices now employ music and music therapy, often administered by nurses, chaplains and even volunteers!
I willbe speaking again to their state convention next month, May 17th at IUS. I'll do three consecutive workshops starting at 2:30. The public is invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your posts!